Keith Warner subdivided his property and commissioned Charles Foster McKirahan to design 5 houses. The houses were two-story frame houses (24′ x 42′) with car ports. They all originally had vertical board siding with nearly flat roofs and deep overhangs. They were designed with bands of windows, opening the houses to the view. The facades facing the view were asymmetrical with a central vertical bay.
Purchased from Keith Warner by John and Ellen Griswold in 1953. John Griswold was a professor of Finance at Dartmouth College.
Purchased from Keith Warner by Francis and Emily Merrill in 1955. Francis Merrill was a Sociology professor at Dartmouth College.
Purchased from Keith Warner by Francis and Mildred Sears in 1956. Francis Sears was a professor of Physics at MIT before coming to Dartmouth. While in Massachusets, Sears lived next door to Walter Gropius in a modernist house designed by Bissell Alderman.
Purchased from Keith Warner by Frederick and Sophia Sternfeld in 1955. Frederick Sternfeld was a musicologist and author and taught at Dartmouth College after having fled Vienna during World War II.
Next: McGean and Brown Houses